O.k, Beowulf? Um...yeah.
- Creepy CGI animation, kind of like that Tom Hanks Xmas dealie a while back with the train & such. I never saw it, but the commercials freaked me out, much like the animation did here. I hate hate HATE that creepy stuff. Just use real people, dammit.
- The 3-D stuff was cool. We saw this at the MN Zoo on the IMAX screen and had to wear these GIANT glasses to get the full "experience". Blood and gore are infinitely more entertaining in 3D.
- Even in CGI, a naked Viggo Mortensen is super tasty. Mmmmmm..., mmmmmm...good. You can pillage and conquer my village any day, Mr. V.
- I wish Robin Wright-Penn would do more movies. Warning: Girl crush alert! She really does have a lovely face, that girl.
- With all the Angelina hype, I have to say...meh. Knowing what she has been actually looking like for the last few years, I knew that they had to "pad" the CGI Angelina a bit. There's no way that sticks & bones Angie was the same bod that was on the screen. No. Way. And, I know her character was supposed to be the image of evil, but I just didn't buy it. And, (you'll understand this if you see the movie) why was her one son a mutated, scaly, hairy, dentally-challenged freak of nature, but the second son was, quite literally, a golden Adonis? I know Anthony Hopkins is no man-god, but I doubt his offspring would be quite so fugly.
- The song at the end of the movie made me want to poke chopsticks in my ears until I could make darn sure that I was deaf. Holy mother of all that is wrong with music this song was craptacular. This is what happens when angsty teenagers that spend too much time at the Renaissance Fair are allowed to write songs.
So no- I didn't love it. But on the other hand, it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, so it's go that going for it, which is nice.
Save your money- see it on Netflix. Spend the cash you'll save on booze and pills, or maybe a discount pony.
Move along now- nothing to see here, folks.
My completely NOT A GEEK husband has corrected me. It was not Viggo M. that I was lusting after. It is some guy named Ray. With the CGI I couldn't tell the difference. Sorry Ray.
The Mr. said he didn't want me putting "bad information" out in internetland, cause' we all know there's none of that out there already.