- Friday night I had to work, so my night pretty much consisted of: go home, drink wine, wish I had the energy to do stuff, drink more wine, TV, and sleep.
- I spent Saturday morning frantically cleaning the house, as my girlies were coming to town and I wanted to fool them into thinking that I don't normally live in conditions similar to those found in your average crack den. Ha! Fooled them!
- Once my twatmonkeys arrived, and since we are fast approaching the age where appliqued sweatshirts might seem like a good wardrobe choice, we went to a craft fair. Sadly, there weren't any of these. Or these. All I bought was a t-shirt, which is currently in the washing machine.
- We were celebrating both mine & my girl Waffle's b-days, so we opened gifties before we went to dinner. Holy hell, did I rake it in. These girls are awesome. Tons of Aveda, makeup, a cool lift bridge charm for a necklace, Jesus dieting magnets, a TJMaxx gift card, lovely white serving pieces that I needed, the most coolest, awesomest book EVER, a great black kitty tee from Benetton, and the Mr. got me (among other things) my own adopted monkey. I'll tell you more about her later.
- Dinner was at Wasabi- good, not great. It was loud and our table was really uncomfortable to sit at. The sushi was good, the drinks were strong, overall I'd give it a B.
- After dinner, we went to the Fine Line where Blondie's man was working and he got us on the guest list for a CD release party. The Invincible Kids were playing- this was my 2nd time seeing them and I have to say I really like them. So it Goes was also playing- they're good too. Our arrival at the Fine Line marked the point in the night where the gloves came off and we started sucking down the booze at near-olympic speed.
- We were joined by two cute boys we know- one gay, one not- started dancing and started our rapid descent into alcoholic retardation.
- After bar close, we all went back to my house, drank way too much Jameson, showed each other our boobies, danced in our jammies, woke up the Mr., broke glassware, spilled things, and eventually woke up with hangovers that made us wish we no longer had heads or bellies. It was the sort of hangover that even breakfast and mimosas at Luce couldn't cure. It was the sort of hangover that rendered us unable to use our hands or form coherent words for two days. It was the sort of hangover that forced us to ask the question at brunch (in-between discussing keeping shit in a jar and face-fucking)- "what the hell is wrong with us and the people we know?"
- Overall, a great goddamn weekend.