- I took my first "hot yoga" class today. Turns out a 100+ degree room will make you sweat from every possible inch of skin on your body, including (but not limited to)- your wrists, the ever-so-sexy underboob area, your ears, and behind your knees. I felt nauseous, looked like I had bathed in Crisco, and had a giant headache after. I loved it.
- I've got a sexed-up horndogger cat on my hands right now. We have an appointment to get a caterectomy (a.k.a. spade) but the saucy wench chose yesterday to finally become a woman. I now fully understand the phrase "like a cat in heat". I'm pretty sure she tried to make out with me earlier, and I fear that my furniture will be violated in a most un-ladylike way when I go to work today. Dirty, dirty pussy.
- I had a couple o'bloodys with my girl Stacy yesterday at Luce'. There was not a television in sight, so I was blissfully spared any and all pre-game bullshit. Don't act like you don't know what game I'm talking about- you know, the BIG GAME.
- I'll know for sure in a day or two, but it appears that we will be going to New freaking Orleans for a little vacation in March. Yay! We'll be going around the 24th-27th. Any input on where to go/what to do/foodfoodfood will be much appreciated (Sean? Anyone?) Also, if anyone out there in New Orleans blogland wants to maybe try and get together for a drinkie whilst we're there, just let me know- but it's o.k. if you want to keep your incognito status too. Fun Fun Fun! Vacation!
- I've only been back to work after xmas break for 2.5 weeks and I'm already counting the seconds to spring break. Sigh. I am nothing if not truly devoted to the art and craft of the sloth trade. If sloth were a business I would be middle-management, at the very least.
- Why I do this to myself/y'all- I'll never know, but I found this horrifically scary picture of me from about 1986-87. Yes, I'm a blonde here. Holy hell what ever was I thinking? It's o.k. to be scared of it, I know I am. I also seem to be sewing bandanna remnants onto an old pair of Levi's. I am also 100% sure that I still have those Levi's in my possession somewhere. I think I am holding onto them in the misguided hope that I'll be able to fit in them again someday. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahaha! Whoo Lordy, that's a good one! I slay me!
(for Gwen- does this make you feel better?)
- Happy Monday, my sweet little morsels of breaded and deep-fried monkey custard.
Who was taking that picture of you talking on the phone/adhering bandanas? Doesn't really seem like a photo op...
So happy you got your o'bloodys yesterday!
www.neworleansonline.com for things to do in March. It's a great website. Too bad you're not going around 4/11. That's the French Quarter Jazz Festival. Much, much fun.
Now this looks odd:
Poor Pooter, what a pussy.
You had a whole sort of Nancy Spungen thing going on there.
1st session of Hot Yoga: Tough... I sweated my ass off and I lived!
2nd session: Easier... I am SO the Hot Yoga Queen!
3rd session: Went in with a massive dose of over confidence... Spent the entire session trying not to drown in a pool of my own sweat, throw-up or cry... (I cried!) Spent the latter part of the day fighting off the effects of dehydration.
There was no 4th session!
Hot Yoga?... Good Luck!
What's awesome is that most girls from the 80's learned from their mistakes and then got really hot in their 30's.
Which, incidentally, is about my age. Kinda funny how awesome that is!
The girls from the 70's and 90's? Well, they usually still have the same hair and clothes now. See what I mean?
eat at irene's. it was wonderful but then i was intoxicated while dining.
That is quite a look you were sporting circa '86-87. Fortunately there is little photographic evidence left of me from that time. Notice that I have not disparaged you in any way. BTW - great catch by McGone, Nancy Spungeon. Now I will have to go rent Sid and Nancy yet again!!
Hot yoga- I would like to try that but I fear the tsunami life effect of what would happen if this 50 year old were to have a hot flash during said class.
New Orleans. OK, I am jealous but can only imagine the photos that this journey will produce. I fear that upon your return the blog will be renamed AbsintheMarie!!!!
To me, "hot yoga" means something totally different. Probably the same amount of sweating, though
hey, I resemble one of those 70's girls still wearing long hair, long skirts and boots. but the hubby still loves me anyway so who cares. it's a look I love and can't be parted from anytime soon.
hot yoga? hot damn!
You look exactly like Mary Stuart Masterson in "Some Kind of Wonderful" in that photo.
Not scared about the the hair, nor the fact that you were sewing bandana remnants on your jeans (hell it was the 80's) nope, I'm just a little scurred that you posted a pantless picture.
Aiming to take your blog in a different direction, WM ?
I was stretching my calf in the shower this morning from a Bikram (hotter than hot) yoga injury from about 2 years ago. Run away now while you still can!
That platinum 'do is great! Very Gwen Stefani. You can take credit for all of her Style from now on.
You were so definitely an 80's girl! LOVE it! and vacay in Nawlins'! AWESOME BLOSSOM!
OMG the hair is awesome. I attempted to dye mine in the 8th grade and it was a disaster. I had blond and brown patches all over my head and had to go to school the next day with it like that. I used a bandana to cover it up but everyone asked me why I had it on. There was no hiding it.
Mom promised to fix it but made me go through a day with it like that first. Probably trying to teach me a lesson but I just thought she was being mean.
I remember sewing the bandanas on the bottoms of my Levi jeans and courds only it was the mid 70's, 8th grade, in Home Economics class where they not only taught us how to scramble eggs, bake cakes, muffins and keep a proper kitchen, we also learned how to sew...on machines, and also by hand.
I think you just inspired me for a new post idea. Circa 1974
i always thought "hot yoga" was in reference to the attractivness of the bodies in the class... who knew?
...these retro pictures are amazing. bring 'em on!
That picture makes me want to ruffle through and look for an embarrassing one of my own to post. I ate at Maximo's for my 1st anniversary a LONG time ago. I think it was on Mercado or Decatur Street. It's probably not there anymore though since that was like a gazillion years ago. We got kicked out of fancy-pants Antwoine's because we were "being inappropriate" so I can't tell you about the food there. They suck for kicking us out and that's all you need to know so don't go there :O)
I'll drop you an email with suggestions and might be in town to take ya'll to a few of my favorites. Have fun
I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one that made the blond hair mistake. I think I may have even had that hair cut at one point. Ahhh...the memories.
And seriously, you subjected yourself to yoga in extreme heat on purpose? Why? My mind boggles.
I got that haircut in 1986 from some seriously drunk Norwegian chick in her apartment in Molde, Norway. I think it's hot baby!
Hilarious! And I'm with you, if only sloth is a business! This is just what I needed to read right now...if there are tears in my eyes...it's bec I'm LOL!
Mmmmmm yoga. Did you take it with Ms. Cousin? I've started doing it once a week, but just to keep me nice and limber for running.
Stay a brunette. Please.
Nice legs, though.
the eyebrows MAKE the look. love it.
Sorry, but I'm totally anal about this - you want to have your cat spayed, not spade.
If you only learn one thing about me from reading my blog, it should be that I sometimes use incorrect grammar/spelling because very often I am posting in a HUGE hurry.
You really don't need to point it out to me. Ever.
In the grand scope of things that matter in the world, I don't find that nitpicking grammar is really necessary.
I love that you're here, I love that you comment- not so big on the grammar police, however.
Sorry if this sounds bitchy- I really don't mean it to be. I love you all.
Ha! Right Whiskeymarie! I most of the time get words misspelled and don't check grammar at all...in post and comments.
I love your site!
I know someone who recently started yoga and totally digs it even though she sweats her ass off. Keep it up WM.
Okay, the photo is a little scary. I think I might've been scared of you if we'd been in the same class...
I am so jealous - New Orleans is definitely on my holiday wish list. I hope it'll work out!
I didn't want you to feel like you were alone with your poor choices from the past...
the greene(e) spot
Post a Comment