- I seem to have the tolerance of an anorexic vegan these days. A few glasses of wine and the next day has me wanting to spend the day by myself, on the couch, cursing the day wine was invented. I think I may (prepare yourself here folks, this is a big 'un)............stop drinking for a while. I can't believe I said it either. I don't want to scare anyone- this is just a temporary blip in the space-time continuum. No need to go into the safe room with all the canned goods just yet.
- If your salad happens to have 2 fried spring rolls perched on top of the lettuce, noodles and cucumbers, is it still a salad? I'm thinking one cancels out the other, or something like that. I'm not sure how I feel about this as a "salad", but it sure is tasty.
- If it's fall, why is it still too damn hot to wear my lovely new sweaters? Dear Mother Nature: I'm really tired of sweating. Stop wasting time coming up with new flower and spider breeds and do your job properly. It's time to get together with your associates and do something about the weather. Thank you.
- Whoever this Dr. Pepper guy is, I wish he were my Gynocologist. If he can do that with soda, just imagine what magic he could work on my ovaries.
- I agreed to cater a brunch this weekend at a Sorority at the U. I am so regretting this. I have no time to do it to begin with, and the 14,879 phone calls and e-mails that have been sent my way are starting to be a titch annoying. It's fucking brunch, ladies. Just chill.
- Other than the catering, I am hoping to spend the rest of the weekend catching up on my quality "me" projects, and hopefully >90% of this time will be spent in jammies of varying styles.
- In two weeks, me & the Mr. will be going to lovely San Francisco and the Sonoma Area for a little R&R. We'll visit my sister & her husband for two nights, then the other two nights will be spent in the city. I am counting the seconds. I need to get away, even if it's just for five-ish days. I plan on lots of sleeping, eating and not thinking about work. I am more excited for this than if I had just learned that Clive Owen wanted to get together for a little game of naked twister. But- Sir Sexypants Clive- if you're listening...
- I'm going to find some chocolate now. Maybe cake, which would make the grand total of pieces of cake consumed in the last week: 4.
Back to your regularly scheduled day, my crispy little love-filled wontons.
I can't even look at my summer clothes anymore. Can't even look at them! It's 85 degrees here today, and I'm in a long sleeved knit top and black pants. I'm dying here, but I'm NOT wearing the summer clothes again til April!
It's never going to cool down. We're all in some kind of Southern California hell.
Umm, yeah, October in Brooklyn...closet full of sweaters, scarves and boots...weather like back home in Florida...skews me Ms. Nature, what gives?
for the sake of my wiring, i've had to stop drinking. well, i've cut down to less than once a week.
warning: it does terrible things to a girl's blog post potential ... let me tell ya. on the other hand, i've never had so many lucid dreams about reality tv shows.
Oooh! S.F. and Sonoma! How lovely. I live about 4 hours drive south of there in Santa Barbara County. It has been quite warm here, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for Fall yet.
On drinking: I rarely drink, but my Hub-E drinks continually, yet not to the point of drunkeness. Yet I've noticed recently (today) that I have several pictures of him where he's holding a wine glass or a bottle of beer. Hmm...
On Clive Owen: Agree on the Mr. Sexypants. Except I really did not like the movie Closer. However, he makes a nice, boring, lighter haired John Ridd on the movie Lorna Doone. I think he should have been the next 007.
On being called a crispy wanton thingy: I like it! I like being called different kinds of food. Very 'foody' of you.
me too - alcohol tolerance seems to decrease with age. It is so not fair!
enjoy San Francisco....while I sit here in boring rural oz staring at my computer waiting endlessly for that elusive seven-figure-book- deal email.
I think the alcohol tolerance goes down with increased responsibility, not necessarily age (though most people's both increase at about the same pace).
And - the salad - isn't that why you EAT salad is to balance out the fried food?
I'm okay with the heat still, but I wish it would be nice just ONE of the days that I'm not stuck in this gray cubicle hell.
I can't say I'm unhappy about the weather...sorry :o) Check with me in a month and I'll be in bitch fest mode. I did like you suggested and got a cashmere sweater though....
I am jealous of your upcomming trip. I love SF.
If there's a bed of lettuce at the bottom, then I'm good calling it a salad.
I don't have nearly the alcohol tolerance I used to have, either. I think it's a function of aging. (Aaaarrrrgghhh!) Nature's way of telling us that what's cute, or at least tolerable, at 20 (oh, of course I meant 21--hee) ain't so cute in your 30s or 40s. It sucks.
1. So now you have the tolerance of ME. Nice, huh?
2. HOLY CRAP YOU'RE COMING HERE! Wowzers!
Holy crap yes! We should meet! We'll be in town Sunday the 21st and we leave Tuesday (we're in Sonoma Friday & Sat.
If you have time or the inclination...just let me know.
Dude. Two words. Sonoma Cheese Factory.
Aah San Fran...my inlaws are nearby in Sunnyvale.
Uh, since you've decided to grace the left coast with your fabulous WhiskeyMarie presence can you not stop in Seattle for a sec ?
I promise my couch is comfy and my dog will only lick your feet a little while you sleep.
Other WM- I'll be in your part of the world next July. I know it's a ways off, but just, you know, pencil me in.
um not drinking? are you sure? I tried that last weekend...I lasted one whole day. not a drop....till that night....
I'm crispy alright, but love filled? I don't know...
I hope your brunch goes FAB
Post a Comment