- I seem to have the tolerance of an anorexic vegan these days. A few glasses of wine and the next day has me wanting to spend the day by myself, on the couch, cursing the day wine was invented. I think I may (prepare yourself here folks, this is a big 'un)............stop drinking for a while. I can't believe I said it either. I don't want to scare anyone- this is just a temporary blip in the space-time continuum. No need to go into the safe room with all the canned goods just yet.
- If your salad happens to have 2 fried spring rolls perched on top of the lettuce, noodles and cucumbers, is it still a salad? I'm thinking one cancels out the other, or something like that. I'm not sure how I feel about this as a "salad", but it sure is tasty.
- If it's fall, why is it still too damn hot to wear my lovely new sweaters? Dear Mother Nature: I'm really tired of sweating. Stop wasting time coming up with new flower and spider breeds and do your job properly. It's time to get together with your associates and do something about the weather. Thank you.
- Whoever this Dr. Pepper guy is, I wish he were my Gynocologist. If he can do that with soda, just imagine what magic he could work on my ovaries.
- I agreed to cater a brunch this weekend at a Sorority at the U. I am so regretting this. I have no time to do it to begin with, and the 14,879 phone calls and e-mails that have been sent my way are starting to be a titch annoying. It's fucking brunch, ladies. Just chill.
- Other than the catering, I am hoping to spend the rest of the weekend catching up on my quality "me" projects, and hopefully >90% of this time will be spent in jammies of varying styles.
- In two weeks, me & the Mr. will be going to lovely San Francisco and the Sonoma Area for a little R&R. We'll visit my sister & her husband for two nights, then the other two nights will be spent in the city. I am counting the seconds. I need to get away, even if it's just for five-ish days. I plan on lots of sleeping, eating and not thinking about work. I am more excited for this than if I had just learned that Clive Owen wanted to get together for a little game of naked twister. But- Sir Sexypants Clive- if you're listening...
- I'm going to find some chocolate now. Maybe cake, which would make the grand total of pieces of cake consumed in the last week: 4.
Back to your regularly scheduled day, my crispy little love-filled wontons.