I cook a lot at home, and I hate having to go into the pantry for stuff I use several times a day, so I just leave them on the stove- always in the same spots due to both my proclivity for tipsy cooking as well as my having a wee bit of the ol' OCD.
Behold the stuff I keep on the top of my vintage (1950) stove:
- An antique timer with a rocket dial
- A jar shaped like the Liberty Bell for toothpicks, etc.
- An antique pin on the jar that says "I love Duluth"
- Squirrel S&P shakers that don't seem to get along very well as every few days they migrate further and further apart. I'm sending them to counseling soon.
- A vintage Pyrex teapot that I always have on the stove, despite the fact that I just heat water in the microwave for tea.
- A wine bottle full of olive oil with a spout that I just refill over and over.
- Coarse sea salt
- A cup with a mixture of black pepper, white pepper and fine sea salt
- A pepper mill
- A jar of honey, mostly I eat it drizzled on Fage Greek yogurt or I put it in tea
- Salt & pepper shakers that I never, ever use yet I keep them there.
Happy Sunday, my end of the weekend sad little worker bees. Happy Sunday.