- I love that they keep showing the movers taking the Bush's stuff out of the White House as all of this is going on. Like it CAN'T WAIT. Like this is how they let the outgoing President know that they've been evicted- they just come home as usual and their stuff is gone like a bad breakup.
- Bush Sr. and Barbara wearing matching purple scarves. If he had been just a factory worker instead of President, I would venture to guess that this would be the stage in their lives when they would start wearing matching satin bar jackets with their names embroidered on them to the local meat raffle and/or church.
- Holy shit- that's a lot of people. I'm having a panic attack just looking at it. I'd hate to be stuck in the middle somewhere and have to pee.
- It's nice to have to foxy chicks as the first ladies who don't appear to hate their husbands.
- Dubya looks confused. Maybe he's wondering where the cake is. They said there'd be cake, dammit. I think it's oddly appropriate that he is losing his job right now. I'm guessing that he's not worried about how he'll pay the mortgage with his unemployment bennies, though.
- Obama is wearing a red tie- I was kind of hoping for yellow, yet I'm not sure why I even thought about that.
- I'm happy that I can pack up my elaborate escape plans to Canadia, which is somewhat bittersweet for me as they involved not only several donkey rides, but also a brief stint in the circus. On one hand, I would adapt well to the weather and my accent is already halfway there so I'd totally blend in- but on the other hand I don't think I could eat Poutine (or as I like to call it, Pootang) no matter how much Canadian whiskey I had consumed.
- No matter what your politics or expectations of this administration, I think that most of us can agree that today is a pretty good day for us 'Mericans.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
A rare, but brief political moment.
Early observations from the inauguration: