- I was in Duluth this weekend, and Friday night I had another fun, blurry, intentional meet-up with Christa and the lovely JCrew again. We have all agreed that next time we meet, we will behave like sensible adults and have a refined tea party with biscuits and such while discussing bustles and parasols instead of swimming the sea of beer and circus folk that is RT Quinlan's bar:
- Saturday I spent about 14 hours at my in-laws while the Mr. and his brother installed a fancy new TeeVee and some Netflix thingy. I had exactly nothing to do but sit, stare at Bubs, and make periodic tours through the kitchen to grab something cheesy or crackery. In my boredom I may or may not have stared at my toes for too long and wished that I had a hyperactive, one-armed monkey to pass the time with.
- Saturday night, the Mr, my girl Waffle and I went out to dinner at a Chinese-ish restaurant in a Bowling alley. Yup- you read that right. When you dine with WM it's class all the way, baby. It was actually really good, despite the lack of little details like a glass or straw for Waffle's can of coke or a non-plastic cup for the Mr's cocktail. After dinner, Waffle wanted to check out the band that was playing outside of the bowling alley. Being that I was still marginally hungover and not giving a shit what we did, we ventured outside. I comissioned the world-renowned artist Pickles St. Bumhummer to do a rendering of the lead singer of the "band" (whose repertoire consisted of things like Bryan Adams, Van Morrison, and Poison covers). Imagine the rest of the "band" in similar attire and I think you get the drift of things:
- One can of light beer later, Waffle answered all of my prayers and suggested we go back to her house, put our jammies on and watch bad TV. Amen. So we sat in front of the mammoth boob tube, me drinking red wine, her- beer, the Mr.-Jameson, and watched "Chappelle Show" reruns and "Man vs. Food" in Minneapolis.
- Sunday AM we loaded up the car, grabbed a couple of bagel-egg sandwhiches and hit the road home with our drooling, puking nugget of fun that we like to call Bubs.
- The rest, in no particular order: Making currant jelly, making multi-layered jello, canning jalapenos, getting lost in St. Paul on my bike, sweating, feeding my ebay obsession, forgetting to wash my hair, making "hair hats" with said dirty hair, laundry, picking pet hair out of my teeth, seeing what those no-good neighborhood hudlums are up to again, putting off projects and constructing dioramas depicting embarrassing moments from my childhood out of garbage.