A meme- one word questions and my not-one-word answers.
Trust me- I've got nothing else today, and I'm pretty sure you aren't interested in seeing the video I took of Trouble playing with his favorite "jingly" toy, or another post about paint and all things paint-related.
1. Clothes: For every day, I'm a well-fitting (read: tight enough to hug my booty, not so tight I look like a kielbasa) jeans kind of gal. Boot cut, low riding. You will generally find me pairing them with a white, black or gray top of some sort and sturdy black boots or my Nike Jana XO tenners (I have 4 pairs in different colors). I'm obsessed with gray sweaters, and in the Fall/Winter I love knit hats and scarves. I'd rather layer lots of light pieces than wear one bulky one, usually. When I'm going anywhere but work, I like to add in color, usually in the form of a fabulous, bright vintage jacket or purse. I definitely have my own style, for whatever that's worth, and I am obsessed with proportion when it comes to clothes. You can pull of some fucked up ensembles as long as the proportion is spot-on. Going out, even if it's just a day out shopping, all bets are off- bright dresses, heels, some of my amazing jewelery collection, a vintage piece or two, a great jacket, and at least one thing no one expects, but not all of these at once. The older I get, the more I learn about the power of restrained quirkiness. And, the more I learn about loving my body the way it is and dressing for it.
2. Furniture: Finally, it is all going to be stuff I specifically picked out, for my house, with my vision in mind, rather than (still pretty great) hand-me-downs/thrift/garage sale that I've "made do" with. It's still going to be a while, but I am so excited to finish remodeling/redecorating that I could pee a little. I have no one favorite piece of furniture, usually, but right now I'm having very inappropriate thoughts about my new couch, such is my infatuation. It's casual and slouchy but still "put together". The clunky but awesome metal accent chair that I've had forever is pretty great too. You'll get pictures soon, don't worry.
3. Sweet: Gummi bears (really, gummi whatever, I'm not picky. Gummi penis? Sure. Gummi mice embryos? I'll give it a whirl.), also: anything "custardy", good homemade chocolate layer cake with real whipped cream, Yumyums, and salted caramel chocolates.
4. City: San Francisco, Duluth, Claxton, St. Paul when I'm in a good mood.
5. Drink: Boozy: White wine (Sancerre and Italian whites are my favorite), a nice dry martini, Champagne. Non- boozy: Green tea, non-flavored bubbly water, Fountain Coke, Yak milk.
6. Music: All of it, none of it. Usually, I prefer quiet, but when I'm in the mood, I'm all over the map, from Slim Whitman to Lords of Acid to Bread to Old punk rock to ELO to Duran Duran to KMFDM to whatever. Usually just singing to the cats is enough for me.
7. TV Series: Arrested Development (best EVER), The Office (both versions), Extras, The Wire, Home Movies, Curb your enthusiasm, The Simpsons, Deadwood, Lockdown, Forensic Files, Matlock.
8. Film: Pi, Sixteen Candles, Sophie's Choice, Cheerleader Camp.
9. Workout: Getting out of bed, usually. If I'm actually putting in effort, I prefer doing things outside: long walks, biking, hiking. If I'm feeling fat and I'm stuck indoors: Kickboxing, yoga, competitive nacho eating.
10. Pastries: Well-made almond croissants. Also: macaroons, and a pastry called the "creme brulee danish" from a bakery in S. Minneapolis called "The Baker's Wife." It's exactly what it sounds like, and it will make you tingly in your nether regions, it's so damn good.
11. Coffee: Black, strong, and usually one cup too many. On rare occasions: Skim Latte, sometimes iced. No sugar, EVER.
Also, a few items, in no particular order, that I think should be added to some random list, somewhere:
- boy shorts or thongs
- only that one time in College
- roller coasters
- medium rare steak
- goat cheese
- steamed pork dumplings
I tag no one- we all know by now that this is where memes go to die. I bury them in my back yard in a lovely little ceremony and I mark the grave with my own urine. It is very solemn and touching, trust me.
Happy Wednesday, my memey little coffee cakes. Happy Wednesday.