Not that you should care, but I feel the need to purge these random things, kind of as an explanation for my absence, and kind of because I had a few cocktails last night, and my brain feels like a bowl of gummi bear-infused tapioca right now. I need to do this before I can move on and get back to "real" posts, much like when I give all my used discount underpants to the hobos so I can feel better about buying new discount underpants.
In no particular order, and in bullet form so as not to give you a rash on your you-know-what again:
- I'm totally off/marginally unemployed for the summer
- I'm drinking a lot of boxed wine (see above)
- I'm sleeping a lot
- I'm watching a lot of Bravo TV
- I'm putting the "ho" in horticulture again and spending a lot of time gardening. Sometimes with clothes on.
- I'm working on-and-off catering for redonkulously wealthy people, and, by default, spending a lot of time scrubbing my skin with a wire brush "Silkwood-style" in order to wash the ick off.
- And...I had foot surgery, which had me laid up for a while and left me doing little more than having vicodin-induced hallucinations where I thought Charlie Sheen was trying to eat my cats (Tiger blood! Winning!!), thinking of timely and topical references for my blog, and not bathing. It's healing nicely now, but for those of you that like this sort of thing, or for those of you that think I make this shit up, here is a before-and-after for your enjoyment (beware- grossness ahead- for realsies!)
- The writing on my foot is my doctor's initials, marking it so that they didn't "accidentally" (their words) operate on the wrong one. I am still referring to my foot as "FRANKENFOOT!" even though it no longer looks this gross.
- So, there you go. The non-stop action that is Whiskeymarie VonPartypants.
- Happy Friday, my stitched-together little sloth monkeys. Happy Friday.