Lest you think that I'm an ungrateful brat who only gives her thanks when tips and/or pardons from the State are involved, here are a few things a gal like myself can be thankful for this year:
- Still being gainfully employed, despite my deep, deep desire to be a stay-at-home mom to my furry turdlets.
- Discovering I actually have some willpower by surviving a rather extreme digestive "cleanse"
- From what I can tell, I have no more wrinkles this year vs. last.
- My underpants all still fit.
- The Mr. hasn't sold me on Ebay yet.
- I managed to singlehandedly keep that struggling small business, IKEA, afloat.
- I haven't had to go to the ER for foreign objects stuck in places they shouldn't be in a very long time.
- I finally figured out what that funny smell was.
- My ability to adapt to living amid construction, something I obviously am veeerrryyy comfortable with, given the complete standstill of "Operation Fix this Fucking House" (crosses fingers for 2010)
- I've read at least one whole book this year. Woo!
- I haven't had any teeth or toenails fall off in a while.
Have a good "eat until you fall asleep in the mashed potatoes or get explosive acid reflux, whichever comes first" day, my little nuggets of roasted birdy goodness. Happy whatever the hell day this is.
Wear a snorkel so you can safely fall asleep in those mashers, and have a wonderful day!
I'm thankful you update this blog once in a while.
If the Mr. ever puts you on ebay, I'm paying a snipe service so I'm sure to win the auction.
Happy turkey day, my favorite bird!
I'm thankful for the Thanksgiving miracle I'll be performing today.
See my blog for the amazing details.
Your underpants still fit? Lucky! This was a bad year for my underpants. Here's to fillin'em out today! Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Weirdo Late Thanksgiving! Thanks for making me laugh :)
Oh, and thanks for the generous check you're sending me for Christmas! You're quite swell.
Have a great day!
Four things I am thankful for this year:
1) My dentist wasn't on a long out-of-town holiday weekend - it was "Happy Emergency Root Canal Fun Time" for me today.
2) My cat got over her little tummy flu and stopped pooping out "pudding".
3) My mom's knee surgery seems to have worked out well.
4) I have Whiskeymarie's blog to look forward to at my day's end!!
Gobble-gobble to ya,
I haven't read a Book this year, either...and I probably won't.
There are a few items in your little list that I really wish that you would expand upon ...
I read a whole book this year too. Three of them actually, but I hated them all.
And I feel really bad about hating one of them...Eat, Pray, Love. It was TERRIBLE...seriously do not believe the hype...just wrong, wrong, wrong.
After I read it I realized that Julia Roberts is the best actress in the world to play this self-agrandizing writer.
Good god, your life is infinitely better than mine. Gainfully employed AND no ER visits? You win, girl. Enjoy!
Post a Comment